Monday, April 07, 2008

The beginning of the art car

This weekend I began to attach the bottle caps to the Honda. I started on the door with the dent in case my adhesive didn't work, but it seems to be holding up well. Before I stuck the caps to the car, I sprayed them inside and out with a clear gloss Rustoleum paint that will hopefully keep them from rusting. The adhesive is 100% silicone caulk, and it needs 24 hours at a temperature of 40F or above to cure. I'd planned to adhere one cap as a test, but once I got started I didn't want to stop, so I did 15 on Saturday and 55 more on Sunday. 70 down, 12733 to go...

Thanks to Steph and Douglas for the photos.


Anonymous said...

Hi there I'm just responding to your question on The Simple Dollar's blog about where to find Washing Soda. I posted an answer there but just so you know you can call 1-800-524-1328 and they can find the nearest retailer. But I see you live in Indy so I can tell you that Kroger is where it's at! Call your nearest one and I bet they have it. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I'll have to make a trip to Kroger this weekend.