___________________________

-

Monday, April 07, 2008

The beginning of the art car

This weekend I began to attach the bottle caps to the Honda. I started on the door with the dent in case my adhesive didn't work, but it seems to be holding up well. Before I stuck the caps to the car, I sprayed them inside and out with a clear gloss Rustoleum paint that will hopefully keep them from rusting. The adhesive is 100% silicone caulk, and it needs 24 hours at a temperature of 40F or above to cure. I'd planned to adhere one cap as a test, but once I got started I didn't want to stop, so I did 15 on Saturday and 55 more on Sunday. 70 down, 12733 to go...

Thanks to Steph and Douglas for the photos.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there I'm just responding to your question on The Simple Dollar's blog about where to find Washing Soda. I posted an answer there but just so you know you can call 1-800-524-1328 and they can find the nearest retailer. But I see you live in Indy so I can tell you that Kroger is where it's at! Call your nearest one and I bet they have it. Good luck!

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I'll have to make a trip to Kroger this weekend.