___________________________

-

Thursday, January 12, 2006

My continuing knee saga

I've been icing my knee on and off, and I've kept it wrapped during the day. Last night I decided not to skate this morning but to try it tonight. I only lasted about ten minutes, which was discouraging. Back crossovers hurt in both directions, although I can spin okay and jump a little. (Landing seems to involve a part of my knee that doesn't hurt, but bending before jump takeoffs doesn't feel so good.) It was a shame to waste such a perfect session -- I just got my skates sharpened, the ice was great, and there were only six of us there.

I think I'll still be able to compete next week if I take it easy. I know that there's only one other person in each of my events (in fact, it's the same person), and I don't want to let her down by not being there. I hope that they'd just add her to one of the other groups, but they don't have to do that, and I'd hate for her not to be able to compete because I got hurt.

After I got off the ice I went over to Steph's and watched the U.S. Nationals ladies' short program, which is still going on. It made me feel better. Live results (if anything's going on) are here.

No comments: