___________________________

-

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Weekend update from last weekend

I'm a little behind on my blog, but I thought I'd post last weekend's update anyway.

Last Friday night, I went over to Steph's and helped while she got her new TV (no, I did not lift the TV; I did other things like corraling the dog, holding the door, and moving the smaller components).

Last Saturday morning, I had a lesson and then went over to Steph's for lunch and TV watching. I came home in the afternoon to get stuff done around the house and went back to Steph's for more TV watching at night.

My dad came to visit on Sunday. We had a great day -- we cut up a pile of branches in the driveway; cut down some small trees; went to Sears, Target, and Olive Garden; and worked on a template for some holes I need to drill so I can finish a present I'm making for a friend. My dad is really good at that kind of thing, and he had lots of helpful ideas that will make the template more useful.

My dad also brings me interesting combinations of stuff. Last week he brought me a stepstool, some mashed potatoes and sauerkraut, a Burger King toy from a kid's meal (I had asked for it), and a pamphlet from the dentist about how to floss your teeth. I learned that you're supposed to floss behind your last tooth on each side -- I've been flossing incompletely for years now.

No comments: