___________________________

-

Sunday, May 14, 2006

I landed my loop in competition!

I got back from South Dayton Silver Skate late last night, and I'm really tired today. I had a lot of fun, and it was nice to see old friends and meet new ones.

My showcase program on Friday night went pretty well, and I nearly landed my loop then -- I had it for a second and then I put my free foot down. I placed fifth out of six in showcase, and the marks were all over the place -- showcase is so hard to judge. I even got one second-place ordinal. I landed my loop for real in my jumps program yesterday -- it felt great. I was so happy about it that I messed up the footwork sequence afterwards, but I got back on track before the next jump. I placed third out of three, and everyone watching said that all of us were really close. My freestyle program went pretty well, although I didn't land the loop in it, and I placed third out of five (with one first-place ordinal).

I'm happy with how I skated this weekend, but I wish I had a couple more days to recover.

No comments: