___________________________

-

Thursday, July 20, 2006

It's not easy bein' green

All of the spotlight and couples events were yesterday. I skated my spotlight program (also known as interpretive at USFS competitions), which is to the song "Defying Gravity" from the musical Wicked. I am Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and in the song she learns to fly (and I learn to jump). The costume consists of a black skating dress, black tights, black boot covers, a black cape, a witch's hat and broom, and green gloves and makeup.

My warmup went really well -- I landed my loop during it, and Steph saw it. I didn't land it during the program, but everything else went well. I skated against the book again, and I got another gold medal. Because of the green makeup, I didn't want to stay in costume until the awards ceremony, so I stood on the podium in my Team Indiana jacket and pants and my witch's hat, gloves, and broom.

Tonight is the ice show, and I get to choose which program to skate in it because I got gold medals for both. I'm currently planning to skate my Wicked program because so many boys came up to me and told me how much they liked the musical.

We'll be at Ikea until my 4 pm call.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Can't wait to see the video. And try on two gold medals!