___________________________

-

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Opening ceremonies

Turns out we have wireless Internet at my dad's. Apparently one of his neighbors has an open network, so we can get online (although the signal strength is very low).

The opening ceremonies were amazing. I especially enjoyed all the different kinds of dance and the gay and lesbian marching band. It was incredibly hot, though, and they kept us in a big field for three hours while they lined us up to march into the stadium. According to Steph, we were the only team wearing long pants.

Two more figure skaters joined Team Indiana in the last few weeks, so I'm not the only one anymore! Today is the skaters' meeting, and tomorrow I have official practice ice. There's also some open ice this afternoon, so I might take my skates in case we decide to stick around for it.

No comments: